Short Story "The Red Painting"


The Red Painting
by Larvare Pine
 
In the peaceful night, no music, no words, a silence is good way. I laid down under the sky, delightful of sight the moonlit night smile on  me. The sky more darker and darker hiden the shined of million stars. Hearing the flew of the wind kissing and smelling the pine trees. I sat on the rooftop, I could see all the skyscraper and dozens of light are dazzled, for miles. Here, I’m alone, upset, mad, fretful, and scared. I attempted to compare the serenity of my heart with the serenity of the sky that grews darker. It was cold and blustery night. I hurried into my house. The house remained me for the memories. The hot tears welled into my eyes, tored my hand away and flinging my body on the divan. I buried my face in the cushion, weeping and blaming my self.
I am Keenan. I’m an orphan, my family was died in accident because of me. At the moment, we were on the way to holiday trip. I love drawing since I was kid. I drew the scenery along the road. My mother always praising me when I showed it. My father curios want to saw my drawing. Suddenly when he saw it, there a truck high speed forwad us, then..... Brakkk!! I could vaguely see their shadow covered in blood before I unconscious.
In the night of nonesense,  I came to the rooftop and determined to end up my life. I wanna die. My life is meaningless, useless and I have nothing. Everything was over now.
“I’m a loser. Its all because me. I dont deserve to life. I’ll jump now”  I stepped over my leg doubtly. I looked down visualize how I died. I was too scared.
“Oh my Lord, why this happened to me?  I can’t.. I can’t do this..” sorrow voice. I take lying down and stared the sky. I only have one reason to stay a life. To be a painter as what my mother trusted to me.
One night, a years later. I have work as painter. I painted and painted a whole day. It helped me forgot all my pain for a while. I constantly painting, using abstract depictions to represent my chaos life. I sat on the saddle bag on the corner of the room and prepared which painting I would sale. Suddenly, my friend called me;
“ Hello Ken, do you have free time tomorrow ? I wanna visiting art galleries, will you?” said Billy
“ Hi Bill, yes, certainly.. I’ll go there.. thanks for offering me” I responsed an enthusiasthic nod.
Im rarely left my home. I just went out for the essential bussines. I went by bus and arrived an hours before it opened. I got breakfast in cafetaria on Makemo street and glancing around the street that filled with peopple passing by.  My gaze was drawn to the old luxurious libarary in middle of the city. I decided to set foot in the library. I opened the door. The unique decorations room. I saw old fashion arm chair and a classic piano in the middle of this room. All this book are neatly arranged on the bookshelf.
“What the hell of million books here?!” I stood in amazement. I headed for the stairs and climbed up to the second floor. I found art book in the corner. Im interested one of book in bookshelf.
“It was and old book.” He said shaking dust from the book.
 The book tittle The Bloody Art. The cover of this book is a portrait of beautiful lady in red hue. Its looked like pretty girl but somehow its horrible portrait. The potrait seemed watching me with her beautiful dim eyes and her cruel smile. In this bellow of the author name theres weird notes “Dont read me or the curse haunted  you!”. Its terrifying notes, but it heightened my curiosity about it. I read page by page, I read it partially and still not believing about what I’ve just read.
“This is... this is weird book.”
This is the mysterious books that I ever read.  I wanna borrowed it. I Looking for the librarian. I found nothing. I glanced around quickly and nobody here, then I stole the book and put in my bag, quietly. Time has indeed flown, Almost imperceptible I’m here more than 3 hours. I checked my phone, so many missed call and messages from Bill. I called back and told him, I’ll be there for thirty minutes. I hurried running to the gallery art. Bill waited and asked me anything like usual. He is  fussy guy.
“Well Bill, aren’t you the chatty one? Dont be nuisance, please..” I raised my eyebrows and sighed
“Alright Ken, sorry for bothering you. But you know how worried I..... blablablablabla” Billy kept talking.
“Shut up Bill!!” I screamed to him. I walked in the centre of the gallery art. Stood the full lenght potrait of a young man, clamped to an upright easel. Wonderful work art.
Finally, after I arrived at home. I took out a worn-looking book from my bag and re-read again. This book represented the shortcut way how to be real painter. This book explained that I have to paint seven painting about the beautiful lady. Murdered them and put their  spirit into the painting. So, the painting looks like its alive. For me, its sound interesting and challenging, because  I never drew human before.
“Keenan.., Keenan..., Hear me, you must do this,, or the curse book will haunted you..” the creepy voice whispered to me. I heared that every night, I cant sleep and always got nightmare after read a half of the book.
“This is so crazy. What the hell of unreasonable way to be real painter?! Its ridiculous. Why I must murder the innocent lady and put them spirit into my painting?!”
“Keenan.., Keenan..., Hear me, you must do this,, or the curse book will haunted you..” the voice whispered me again in every minute. I dont believe it and tried ignore it. After I read the book thoroughly. I became depression. My life was going from bad to worse. Im sleepless and had no appetite. Im drunk and light numerous cigarette everyday. I couldn’t think clear and become crazy.
“Keenan.., Keenan..., Hear me, you must do this,, or the curse book will haunted you..”
“Fine! Fine! I will do as you said! Stop haunt my head!! Yeah, thats right! if what you said that I can become a famous painter by killing people, than it will be kill two bird with a stone, hahaha.. You stop whispered and I become a famous painter!!” I said angirily
In the next day, those voiced vanished as I start to prepare the murder. What a great day without a strange voice in my mind. I started to enjoy it. I will become a famous painter. I arranged my plan as perfect as possible. I want became professional murderer. I will do it without leaving a trace. Lets see.. how good did I do it??
In the sunny Sunday. I looking for the beautiful lady a round the city. I went to park, mall, bioskop, bar , discotic in everywhere. I felt exhausting. I took a rest and ordered my brunch in cafetaria on Makemo streets. My favorite menu is Tortila Espanola and a glass of mojito. When I enjoyed my brunch, I saw beautiful  girl passed me.
I looked her gracious and comely. She walk towards me a smile of pleasure passed
across his face. After she get a sit near me. She  started up open his phone and closing her eyes, placed  her fngers upon the lids. Make me seems about to linger there. I came closer her.
“ Hi lovely girl. Can I sit here? You know,  you are so pretty sexy and you have extraordinary personal beauty. Hmm, are you alone??” I elevated my eyebrows, looked at deeply and begin sit beside her.
“ No hold on, just tell me what do you want?” she answer in calmer voice
“ Im Keenan, a painter, do you want me to paint you? Dont worry, its free for pretty girl like you.. Here my card. Call me if you interested.. Nice to meet you, Im waiting your call baby..” I winked at her, and she smile on me.
I left her alone and walking without looking back. Actually, im so nerveous, my first time talking with the strange girl. My fingers are trembling. Fortunately, I can hadle it.
“Its okay, you did great Ken. Im proud of you..” I murmured my self.  Then, I return to my house and hurried sleep to my bed.
I woke up in the middle night. Checking my phone, there is unknown missed call. I hope this is the girl that I met in caffee. I grasping my phone, took a deep breath and be prepared to call back. My guess is right. Someone who talk on the phone was the girl. She want me to paint her. We meet up tomorrow in same place where we met on the weekend. We have small talk for a while before she hang up it.
For nearly ten minutes I stood there motionless, with parted lips, and eyes strangely bright. I felt intensely interested. I remembering  the curse book. I read and learn it again. I had a planned to invites her in my house then executed her. I have prepared everything and also cleaning my house and bought some wines for fun seeing her dying.
At 6 a.m  I woke up. I ought to get up but instead I put my hand across my forehead to shut the bright sunlight out of my eyes. It perfect morning since I couldn’t sleep for last a 3 days. I looked at the window and  drew a deep breath, this air was so fresh. I take a shower and dressed my self more than usual, giving good deal of taking care selection of my necktie and scarf-pin, combing my hairstyle neatly and wear parfum.
“Wow, look at you,  how handsome I am. Are you ready meet her?” I ask to my self.  I arrived there on time and ordered the drink. Im waiting her for a minutes. She is come late.
“Hi Keenan, sorry for coming late. I had traffic jam on the way. Have you waiting me for so long?” She seemed to be having difficulty breathing after running here.
“No, take easy about that. Here the menu, ordered first. Btw, you are really beautiful. I meant you are the second beautiful woman after my mother.“
“ Thank you Ken. Its too overrated. I’m Beverly. Sorry Im forget introduce my self yesterday.” Her cheeks flushed for a moment with pleasure.
We eating together and have warm conversation. I speak to her, but not catching the meaning for her words. I just think how I kill her and see her reaction later. Without a small talk I invites her go to my house.
“This is your home, Ken?” She looking around in my house.
From the corner of the room theres saddle-bags which he was lying, smoking innumerable cigarettes. Theres so many abstrak and natural painting hanging on the wall. She curious about the biggest abstract painting hanging alone in there
“This is wonderful work of art, all of potrait are wonderful likeness too. This paint really fascinates me” she saw one of the colorfull abstract art.
“Yes, this is one of my best work ever. Theres nothing that art cannot express. And I know I have done since they left me are the best work of my life. now. I can re-create life in a way when I painting. ‘A dream of form in a days of thought’. I said bitterly
“who is it who says that?” she ask me
“ I forget. It is sad thing to think of. Perhaps you will unable to understand. When I geting down and nobody besides me. I make this abstract art for represent my feeling and giving me a hope. Some day your life in grey color. You have no choice, you life but feel nothing. You wanna suicide but you can’t. The colorful color here represent my emotions feeling. You can’t feel what I feel, Bev.” I said glassy eyes.  Unconsciosly, I explained her what the painting meant for me. I got up from the seat and opened the dussty green door. Its my privacy room where I had painting.
“Keenan, this is quite wonderful! Dont talk like that. I know what your feeling. I can feel it. Youre stronger than you think.” She said following close behind him.
“Are you ready, Bev? before we get started, I‘ve prepared some wine for you, lets take a a glass of wine first”  I said in calmer voice.
I sow something into her wine to make her fainted. I’m waited for few minutes she was fainted. I dragged her and tied her to a chair. I tied her beautifully, make sure that it didn’t hurt her beautiful smooth skin. It was too precious to left red mark of a too tight rope.
When she opened her eyes and tied in the chair. She was crying and screaming for a help. All her heart full of fear. She hear the footsteps closer into the door. Suddenly keenan appear from the door. He coming closer me, smiled and whispered in the ear.
“Hello Bev. I am so sorry. When I am painting, I can’t think of anything else. I wanna be famous painter and I have do this to you. The moment I met you, youre face remain me to my mother and also the accident. The most loathed things in my whole life. You look very charming today. Just Stop crying baby, you’ll be fine.. I must ask you something. How do you want me to kill you?”
“What nonsense you talked!” She said. Her voice trembling.
“Ssshhhtt, just keep silence and enjoy it.. Its not really hurt, I promises”
I swept and dash of the brush on the canvas made the only sound that broke the stillness. I took something glimmered tools on the table. Yes, it was long  pallete knife. I looked at her pallid face and tear-stained eyes. I juxtaposed the knife closer to her chest that faced her. Her eyes fell on it. She knew what he was do next.
“Dont, Keenan, dont! It would be murder!” she cried
I dont response her. I moved slowly the knife closer her neck. I rushed at her, and dug the knife into the great vein that is behind the ear, I pushed my knife deeper and cut the great vein. She was a stifled groan and the horrible sound of her choking with blood.  Letting the blood gushed from throat. She is bleeding and the blood marred her clothes and dropped into the floor.
“ I have to finish it as fast as I can before she died” I said start to paint her. After about a quarter of an hour, I stopped painting, looked her dying. She is  look of fear in her eyes. Im laughing and says “ It is quite finished, baby”.
Then I take her dark blood into my pallete and coloring the potrait with her pure blood. I applied it into the canvas carefully. I dont want to break this,  just because the blood is too thick. What a beautiful vermilion eyes gaze me!
“Beverly, look at your potrait, baby. Youre adorable! You have splendidly natural simple pose and expression. Lemme tell you something, baby... Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter. It is not the sitter who is revealed by the painter; it is rather the painter who, on the colored canvas, reveals the  painter itself.” I said looking her straight in the face.
“ Ghh.. ukh.. ukh.. hegh..!” she groaned.
“ Sleep there thightly. Everyone will cherish your beauty forever in this painting, O lovely girl.” I said creepy voice. I put her spirit in the painting. It trap there forever. Thus why this painting looks alive. She died beautifully.
How quickly it had all been done! I felt strangely calm, and walking over to the window, opened it, and lighting a cigarette on the balcony. I confused what should I do for her corpse. Then, I opened the curse book again. I didnt find the answer from it. Finally, I mutilation her corpse into several body parts. I put it in the trash bag and in the box. Its funny but exhausting. Im tired i wanna take a rest soon.
In the next morning. The wind had blown the fog away, the sky has become overcast. I open the window. I look down and I see the police in front of my house, knocking my door. I was so panic because I’m forget threw her corps yesterday. I drew a deep breathe and calming down my self. I opened the door.
“Morning, what can I help, sir?” I ask in calming voice
“We looking for Beverly. Is she here?” The police answer
“Yes, but she went home last night?”
“No, she is here,sir. I traced her phone. The location precisely in his home. Bella is here. We have to check it!” The blonde girl said high voice.
“No.. No.. Hold on! Bev is not here. Sh.. she left her phone!” I answer nervously
“He is lying. Bev asked my help to looking for her if there something happen on her. She also give his address. I lost her contact last night. Im worried for her.” She said
“ She was right sir, we have to check it. Im sorry enter your home without permission.” The police said
The police go inside in my home. they found Beverly’s shoes, makes sure that she is here. My heart beat wildly, it diffucult to breath until they found Bev’s corpse and arrested me, thews me into the prison.
Billy visiting me in the prison as soon as he hear the news.
“Ken, what the hell are you doing?! I think its just hoax. I dont believe it, Ken.” Billy said, shaking his head, stared me with this dejected look on her face.
“Im sorry Bill, Im..Im too obseses to be famous painter as my mother expected to me..” I said while sitting at the table with bowed head and outstretched arms, weeping.
“ Hei, I know you are a good guy. I have a desire to help you. But, as your best friend, you have to take responsibility for what you do. You must stay here for while and I wil help to commute your sentences in prison. Okay? You will be allright, I always support you no matter happen, Ken”
“ Allright.. Thanks Bill, Youre my family, only you I have. Thank you”
Few days in prison, makes me frustation, dreadful, anxious and stressful. I cant painting and nothing to do. Its remained me what happen in the night of nonsense when I wanna suicide. In the middle of night, I twisting the fork that I hid under my shirt. I was wondering if tomorrow I’d be in the paper. I’ll be famous painter. At least they knew my name as bloody painter. I smiled and ..
“JLEB!!”

-END-




Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Puisi tentang Senja

Kehidupan Yang Dinginkan Seperti Apa Ya,,,,

[ARTICLE] DIRECTIVE SPEECH ACTS IN ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW SEASON 18